I believe strongly in productive procrastination: doing the second-most awful thing in place of the first, and also in place of doing nothing at all. This blog represents the second-most awful thing, once I've cleaned the house, applied for jobs and done all the small life admin that amounts to a wordless scream.
I've also been thinking about a 'creative outlet' for some time, and the fact that working in a creative marketing department affords the impression but not the substance of actual creativity. I guess it's not surprising that trying to increase email conversion rates by tweaking button labels or banner colours is ultimately unfulfilling, but listening to the way the creative industries are sold, particularly to the creatives who toil within them, you wouldn't get that impression.
This is perhaps my fourteenth attempt at a blog of some sort, and if my history of half-aborted projects and ever-waning enthusiasm is any guide, it certainly won't be my last.
I hope you enjoy it!
No comments:
Post a Comment